THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Monday, June 7, 2010

Last Minute


Last Minute
Ecclesiastes 8:7-8 "Since no man knows the future, who can tell him what is to come? No man has power over the wind to contain it; so no one has power over the day of his death.

The other day I was doing laundry in my new washing machine. I finally got a front loading washer simply because my other one broke beyond repair. I was admiring all the new digital lights and settings, when I realized that it had a timer that counted down to the last minute. I was amazed and stared at it until it started playing this little musical tune, signaling that it was finished.

I just wonder if there is a timer like that for our lives. Does a little choir of angels start singing a song, signaling the end?

Ever hear about planes crashes that leave nothing in tact except a sacred little black box? They search the wreckage endlessly until they locate it. All for what? Why is it so special? It's special because it records the last minutes in someone's life. It is a treasure to find out exactly what was said before they were taken. It is simply priceless.

So what would you say if I told you that we all have those little black boxes? The difference in yours and mine though, is that it is trapped in people's memories. It is not an actual physical box, but rather scattered images that tons of people have as they encounter you for what may be the last time.

My question for you is how do you want to be remembered? What do you want people to say about how you left them? Will their memories reflect your true self, or will it be a distorted view of a person that you don't want to be? Do you show people Christ? Or do they catch you in a moment of weakness?

God wants us to be prepared to meet Him at any moment, and since we don't know when our timer is going to run out, I think that we need to start living like this could be our last minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails