THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Friday, June 18, 2010

Best Friend

Best Friend

Can a dog really count as a best friend? If it's a yes, then I will be first in line with mine! The thing I love about Diesel is that he loves me the best! When my whole family is around, he is planted right at my side. I think it makes my husband jealousJ.

One of my hobbies is running. It helps me clear my head and just have some amazing time to talk with God. Almost every time I go, my dog is by my side. He seriously acts like he is my best friend.

When I run with Diesel, I have to stay pretty much on the same roads. Most of them around us are gravel or dirt, with not a ton of traffic. Just in case he darts, I feel a lot safer with Amish buggies passing me than semis. This gets so boring though. At times, I don't even want to run because I get sick of the same route. So on occasion, I will kennel Diesel up and take off on a different path. He is never happy about this, he actually stands at the locked gate and barks and barks and barks…it about breaks my heart. But there are just times, when I need a change of scenery.

Yesterday was one of those days when he got to go with me. But man, he was driving me crazy! I was on a good pace where I was comfortable. Nothing irritates me more on a run, then getting my rhythm interrupted. He continually was doing exactly that. On those dirt roads, there are certain paths that have been worn smooth. I love to run on these, and apparently yesterday, Diesel did too. He constantly kept cutting me off so that he could take the path that he wanted. It not only messed with my pace, but it kept shoving me into a path that was filled with stones and ruts. Then to top it off, everything that moved perked his attention. On a few occasions, he would take off on a dead sprint and run into the woods or neighbors yards in search of who knows what. I pray every time that it isn't someone's cat! When he does that, I have to stop again and yell at time to get back; once again messing with my rhythm.

So what about you? Do you feel like you are constantly getting pushed off the path by someone you are close with? You want so much to take them with you wherever you go, but then find yourself stuck running in the stones and ruts? Or you may have your eyes set on a goal, but have to constantly stop because they get distracted, sidetracked and lost along the way? Are you finding that they are hindering you from running the race that God has set before you?

The bad part about best friends is we get so comfortable with them that we don't want things to change, so we go along with whoever they become and never stop to challenge the idea that they may not be the best thing for us anymore. There are times when you just have to get off of the same road that you have always traveled. More than likely, when that happens, not everyone will go along for the ride.

Is it time to leave your friend at home? Is God calling you to some new path that they just can't travel with you? Are you finding that although it is hard to admit, your best friend really doesn't have your best interest at heart anymore?

Change is hard for most people. Comfort zones are forged and many times never left. You can live your whole life right there in that little box if you want to! But why not strive for something more? Why not try a new route that God is prompting you to try?

When it comes to best friends, you want one that can go where you go, listen to everything on your heart, never leave you for something that is distracting them, never cause you to compromise what you know to be true, and help you become the best that you can be. I don't think Diesel fits that bill…in fact; I don't think that there has ever been anyone in my life that fits that bill! Except Jesus!

Do you want a change? Do you need a change? It has to start with who you are choosing to allow on your run! Are they really your best friends forever and ever…or are they just the people that you have grown accustomed to being around so you don't want to change kind of thing? I say start with God…every morning before your feet hit the floor and then allow your thoughts to travel to Him all during your day! Go to Him before you go to anyone else with your problems. If you do this…I PROMISE that He will be better than any best friend that has ever been a part of your life!

I am not saying that you should live with no one in your life as a friend! I have plenty that I adore! But be selective to whom you let run right beside you. You will finish your race one of two ways: off pace, distracted and discouraged, or simply…you will be the winner. Don't run to just finish…run to win!

Hebrews 12:1-3


1 " Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails