THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Monday, July 8, 2013

uganda from payton's eyes


There have been so many awesome things that have happened because of our trip to Uganda.  During the weeks there, our stories would have been about activities that we did, new places we saw, or food we ate.  It would have been about the experience in the here and now.  But now that we have had several days removed from that amazing environment, I asked everyone to tell me what God did to and through them and what impacted them the most, on this side looking back. 
Payton is one of our sophomore girls that got to go.  She has always grabbed my heart.  She is just a neat girl that has a heart for everyone.  She will fit into any group and from watching her on the trip, can be happy to be talking to whoever is close.  She is beautiful on the inside and out and I really can't wait to see what God does with her in the next few years!  Here is her account of the trip:



I think something that hit me the most on the trip was how much our love and Gods love can help and impact other people's lives in such a huge way! I mean just seeing how the kids faces would light up when they saw us is unforgettable! You could tell instantly which adults knew Jesus during home visits because they had a certain joy and sparkle in their eyes. Gods love is what gave them that!
Through all of this God really tugged at my heart in several ways. The most obvious way being - Spend more time with Me! Pray and talk to Me more, get in My Word, do daily devotions, build up your relationship with Me and make it stronger! God really laid all of those things on my heart. So that's what I have been trying to work on, building my relationship with Him and trying to transform the way I think, react, and view things at home. I want to be able to see things more through Gods eyes rather than my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails