THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Friday, July 12, 2013

LC...constant obedience lands her right where God wants her

If you haven't had the opportunity to meet our "LC" there surely is a piece of puzzle missing to your life.  She makes everyone smile and laugh and laugh and.....laugh.  She came from southern Georgia with an accent to match and fit herself right into this little community.  Her obedience to God is something that constantly makes me want to continue growing and seeking Him more.  Her story is awesome as she recounts the past 2 years of when God first started moving her.  You can so clearly see God's Hand moving her right where He wanted her.  We are all so thankful that it was here!  you see when the call came to go to Africa, LC immediately thought of her friend who had a sister who started a ministry over there...you guessed it, Amy Washington with Kupendwa!  and the rest is history.  Here is her perspective on God working in crazy ways for these past 6 months!

Lindsey Cowart (LC):

Looking back over 2013, I still can’t help but be amazed at the sovereignty of God. When this year began, I had no clue how God would use me to help others and then use others to help me. Through the relationships built and connections made with others, I see God piecing together His plan for the lives of His children! As I journeyed from Georgia to Jamaica and then to live with a family in Indiana and then onto Africa to work with Kupendwa Ministries with a team especially handpicked by God was all God’s creative orchestration! Yes, there were times of confusion, doubt, and frustration and questioning what He was doing or where He was in the doing, but just in His perfect timing, He confirmed His presence along the way! Through this whole adventure, He has taught me to trust Him more and more!

Why, the scripture Ezekiel 36: 25-27, “I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleanness, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules” became so powerful and meaningful – especially in the two week missions trip in Africa!

Being with a team for fourteen days in a new environment and experiencing unusual circumstances can be a bit challenging. The places we went, the things we saw often seemed so overwhelming. We were often tired and our guard many times dropped as our own strength wore down. Upon seeing the brokenness and hurt all around us, I was reminded of just how weak and sinful my own heart is. However, it is still humbling to know that in the midst of my weaknesses and struggles, God still sees me fit to fulfill His purpose! Stepping onto the soil of Africa which is inhabited by so many young women who share story after story of the uncertainty of what they would eat, or how they could provide for their families continues to wrench our hearts. During moments when there was a loss for words, I would find myself crying out to God lifting up their situations or begging for some words of encouragement for our team to offer! The same scripture that reaches in and speaks of hope and light into even the darkest part of my life is the same that we had opportunity to share with many of the women and girls in Uganda. Knowing God’s word does not go void, I can rest assured that every encounter was a divine appointment.

I realize that I was there to assist others even though I had no idea how to be of much help. I only wanted to be used by God. My struggles were nothing in comparison to the hardships these beautiful women face daily. I was overwhelmed and really began to seek out God’s instruction for what my mission was there. I was struck with a deep sense of guilt for not having the grateful heart these people have. In comparison to them, I realize I have everything. I have God, my health, food each night, and a clean place to live. They have God and for this only were they filled with gratitude. I asked, “God why do I have so much more to be grateful for, but I am not as grateful as they?” Through this, I am able to see my sinfulness, wickedness, and hardened heart. I became very sad about the person I have become and saw a great need for change inside of my heart. My need, I realized was just as big as the people’s need who live in the African village. It is a spiritual hunger only God can fill. This trip to Africa has been a big stepping stone in my journey with God. I am able to see what all God has bestowed upon my life and be grateful, indeed. I thank God daily for showing this to me and allowing me to continue to grow from the realization. From this trip, God has cleansed my heart and renewed my spirit. I pray I may continue to walk uprightly with a willingness to serve others and to continue to grow spiritually as I serve Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails