THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Kayla Hess...A calling, An answer, A changed Life!

It was so great getting to know Kayla on this trip.  She was so great with all the girls in the home and I think even fell asleep with one of the babies while cuddling.  She worked without complaining even when heat overtook her!  Lucky her, she brought a little prize home from Africa (Malaria!).  Even during this trial, her smile was huge and you could see her just trusting God through it...here is her perspective:

Kayla Hess:

There are some things that God engraves on our hearts that we don't understand at the time, and six months ago, that was this overwhelming passion for missions work, specifically in Uganda, Africa. I had absolutley no idea why God was sending me to this third world country on this poverty stricken continent, but God knew exactly what He was doing, and He knew that He was going to use me to not only reach others, but also teach me things that I didn't know about myself. Leaving the United States and heading to Jinja, Uganda is quite the culture shock, and I think the thing that really made an impact on me was that everyone in Uganda, through all their troubles and trials, were some of the friendliest and most joyful people you will ever meet. They didn't have much, but what they did have they were beyond grateful for. They show their appreciation for everything people do for them. They are willing to give whatever they have, even if it's not much, just to show how thankful they are for you. I'm guilty of being ungrateful and unappreciative of everything I have, when in reality, I own far and beyond what I would ever need. I learned to be grateful, appreciative, and content with what I have. Looking back, I realize exactly why God sent me on this trip - to open my eyes to the world around me. I am beyond blessed, and I thank God everyday for finally showing me how blessed I am to live the life that I have. God is so, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails