THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Haiti and when God says no...

Today was a crazy day.  It started with a  phone call from our travel agent stating that the team that has a flight from Miami to Port Prince, Haiti will no longer be able to go.  "Excuse me, did you just say what I think you said?"  She said that the flight was not only cancelled but was not rescheduled for days.  no problem...one or two days is not a big deal....NO, tina, I mean more like 5-7 days. 

What was crazy about all of this was there was never a panic moment...It was like God kept reminding me that HE knew, He orchestrated anyhow, and the change of plans on our end simply was His plan all along.  My heart immediately went to the team members whose hearts were set on Haiti.  But their reaction is one we only can pray will happen.  They were great.  I am sure there is some disappointment, but how they have handled it shows their true hearts to just go where and when HE says to. 

After talking with Kiley about options, Teresa Knoblauch (Kiley's Wife) and I decided to research some options...Jamaica was one and staying in Miami was the other.  Coming home was never one...let me assure you.  the peace that God has put this team together for a mission week of serving was still the calling and we were focused now on finding out what God had planned.  Jamaica looked favorable until we found out the tickets wouldn't transfer and it would cost a lot more to go.  Teresa had found several ministries but decided on who to call first.  It was just like God to give her favor on the first try!  I get a call that says that she talked to a lady who was awesome and was willing and able to help with housing and had ministry for them all week.  after looking at their website and getting chills, Teresa and I both felt strongly that this was going to be the place.  the no brainer came when we were informed that the community tht they would be doing ministry in was "LITTLE HAITI"  yes you just read that right!!!  And if they could get there by 3pm they could start today on the project that was going on.  Kiley texted and said that there was a possible flight tomorrow for Haiti that they might wait for.  I started praying that God would show him what to do, and just like that he texted and said that God was speaking to him and he was in tears and they were staying in Miami.  The airlines are honoring their trip home and the refund from the base in Haiti will be in full so that there will be no added expenses. 

I have to tell you that I am a bit jealous.  God's Hand has them so right where He wants them and they get this crazy awesome opportunity to see the immeasurable happen this next week.  Their obedience is just awesome!  These are the weeks we leaders pray and pray for!!  I am soooo excited to see how God is going to use them to build relationship and take the Word of Jesus to Miami!!!!  updates will follow of just how God rocks them and stories come in!!  Please keep praying for this!!

Pray also for Haiti (the real one) and Jamaica....the storm will hit both of them and so many people I love are on that Island (Jamaica)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails