THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Knock Knock

Knock Knock

Imagine yourself for a second, 9:00 at night, at the end of a very stressful day. You actually had time to stop and grab a movie before you got home. Kids in bed (if you have kids), dishes done. You just settle on the couch with your favorite blanket around you and just as you get comfortable, someone knocks on your door. I can just hear the groans now! Who out there would actually ignore the knocks and act like you didn't hear them? Not many…although all of you may complain and not want to get up, you would push pause, unwrap yourself from your blankie, and go see who was there.

As I was thinking about this, I realized that the only way that many of us wouldn't go answer that door was if we knew that the person on the other side was going to harm us, or if it was someone we really didn't want to see. But other than that, it wouldn't matter what we were doing, we would stop and change our plans to see what that one person wanted from us.

Why in the world then do we ignore Jesus when He is at our door knocking?

Re 3:20 "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."


 

Jesus stands at our doors and knocks!!! He wants you to listen to Him calling. He wants you to invite Him into your hearts and wants to lead and guide you! Why do we treat Him like a stranger that we are scared of or someone that we just don't want to see!


 

I know personally that left alone; I can make a pretty big mess out of my life. If you are anything like me, you need help!


 

Jesus wants to be in control…He will never forsake us, or leave us, or dump us, or lead us astray. He doesn't make mistakes either. So what about that person makes us want to keep the door locked up tight? We are crazy sometimes, don't you think!


 

Today I want to challenge you to listen for that knock on the door. He is knocking…because that is what He does! Don't just sit there not wanting to see what the GOD of the universe has for you! Don't be scared of the change that He may want to see happen, or the things that He wants to do with you! Instead, embrace the fact that Jesus really does love you, know you and pursues you. He really does call people like you and me, and He really is waiting for you to let Him in!


 

Don't disappoint Him…Don't strand Him outside!

OPEN THE DOOR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails