THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just Jump

Just Jump

Remember the feeling of standing on the edge of a dock, contemplating whether or not you wanted to jump into the water? How many times did you hear from the others that were already swimming: "just jump, it'll feels like bathwater!" Countless times I hesitated, but was finally convinced to take the plunge. I don't know what kind of bath those kids were taking, but the water was always about 20 degrees off of my kind of bath water! The shock of sun kissed skin meeting cold water, at times, took my breath away! But I soon realized as I joined the fun, that indeed, the longer I swam, the warmer it got. We would end up trying to convince the next person to jump and then swimming until our fingers were little raisins.

Are any of you faced right now with a situation that has you standing on the dock hesitating to jump in? Why is it that in one breathe we breath how great God is and how much we trust Him, then in the very next one, hesitate to do what He asks us to do?

We are commanded in Psalm 34:8 to

"Taste and see that the LORD is good."

If you truly believe God is good…

If you truly believe that God is good…

If you truly! Believe that God is good!....

Then take it from someone who has been swimming for a while…

Just Jump!...He will catch you every time!

1 comment:

  1. love this just jump one tina! great stuf it helps me know that im heading in the rite direction: follow your heart, He lives in there! thx bunches

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails