THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Boat Driver

Boat Driver

I was driving the boat the other day while my 13 year old son and 8 year old daughter were tubing. She claims that tubing is "her thing" and jumps at the chance to do it any time she can. Her type of tubing is about 2 paces slower than his so I have to really change my mind set when I am driving them together. It is really hard to make both happy, it is either boring for him or horrifyingly scary for her.

This particular morning I apparently was favoring him a bit more because all I heard from her were screams and gestures to slow down. It was funny too because all it would take was for her to go outside of the wake or the rev of the boat motor. She was anticipating falling out by just those 2 things, without even hitting any waves or anything. Her comfort zone was a specific speed riding right behind the boat.

I realized that she did not trust me at all. I love her so much and would never do anything to hurt her. But every time I would change things a little bit by going just a bit faster or curvier, she would immediately freak out and want to have things back the way that they were. She was scared to death of falling out; but you know what…she was wearing a life jacket! Even if she fell out, she would just bob there in place until I came back to get her (which I would). She had absolutely nothing to worry about, but she still tried to control the ride.

You know what I'm gonna say next don't you? J

Doesn't this sound just like us with God?

We find ourselves telling Him that we can't do this or that because it would be too uncomfortable. We are constantly afraid of failing because we feel unqualified so we don't even want to take one step away from our safety zone. You know…the zone where nothing ever changes and everything is completely the way we like it. We try to control every inch of this "ride" we are on and in the end; it turns out to be a slow and uneventful journey.

We have a God that qualifies the called even if they aren't humanly qualified for the job. He empowers the weak to lead in a way that breaks through any kind of box that hinders the Spirit from working. God is mighty and strong and is in control of everything. You have a choice in which way you want your "tube ride" to go. You have opportunities to be used every day! You can sit there and tell God over and over that you can't do this or don't want to go there. You can deny Him access to use you if you want. Or…you can trust Him to know which direction is best, which speed is right, and to know without a doubt that He will pick you up every time you fall.

You have an opportunity right now to surrender your whole life to be used in any way possible to bring glory and honor to HIM. It will not be a smooth ride, but man, it will be a fulfilling ride! At the end you will look back and stand in awe that you were used in such a mighty way. You will find yourself jumping waves and crashing head first into situations you would have, at all costs, avoided before! But what you will find is that people have stopped and watched, noticing that there is something different about you!

We all will be done with our little boat ride some day. Many will never really do anything for Him at all. Some will follow, but will follow only a certain path. But there will be the few…the ones that jump on the tube, hold on tight, and take whatever the driver wants to hit them with! They are the ones that, without doubt, will be battered and bruised. But take notice because they will also be the ones experiencing a level of power that can be explained no other way except GOD!
Scared or not, I want to be that kind of person!

So tell me…are you going to be one of them too? The choice is yours! Hang on tight or tell Him to go slower. But remember, you only get one chance at this ride…don't end it with regrets!

2 comments:

  1. still trying to let God drive as he pleases... :) still screaming at Him to stop the bumps sometimes... :) still missing you!! what you got up this fall??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails