THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Deformed Cinnamon Rolls

Deformed Cinnamon Rolls

The other day, the most amazing thing happened. An Amish bakery opened up in the little town close to where I live! If you have no idea why this is amazing, then go Google Amish and see what it says about their cooking! I just can't describe it! So you can guess my excitement when I saw several shelves full of homemade cinnamon rolls (with icing!!!!). You would have thought it was Christmas! I have gone in there 4 more times since then…they are like nothing you have ever tasted.

Many of you may be rolling your eyes and wondering what the big deal is. Wal-mart sells cinnamon rolls with icing too! Honestly, if you were going for looks alone, Wal-mart would win every time. Every one of their rolls are perfectly shaped and evenly frosted. You would have a hard time picking out which was the bigger or better roll if you had to choose just one. But let me tell you, the Amish make theirs all different shapes. Some are a little bigger, some more oval, some pop more out the top and some have frosting dripping down all sides and around the bottom. They all look completely different. But without a doubt, when compared to perfection, the deformed ones are the best!

I had to laugh, as I was stuffing my face. It would figure that God would give me a comparison to us and our body image right as I am packing in a couple hundred calories! HA!

In reality it is probably the best comparison He has ever given me! If you haven't already listened to my testimony you may not know this, but I have a huge issue with the way that I view myself. It started years ago, and it is one of those stupid little pits that just won't go away! Right now at this exact moment, I am doing really great with not focusing on it, but that doesn't mean that I won't get slammed next week and feel like I need to lose a million pounds.

Why is it that we have such a hard time accepting who God made us? There were times when I tried endlessly to lose 20 more pounds so that I could wear a size 4 again. Guess what…I am not a size 4 body! I never will be! But yet there have been times when I desperately wanted to look like someone else.

Isn't it funny that we all will see someone that looks "just like" what we want to be and we will do almost anything to get their image. But when it comes down to it, we realize that after working 10 weeks on it, we still haven't accomplished it.

Do you believe that God does not make mistakes? If you believed it yesterday, then believe it today too, because you are not a mistake! You are beautiful to the God of the universe! Nothing satan says to you can take away the fact that God made you just the way you are!

We have got to realize that perfect little Barbie dolls or muscle men are never going to compare to the amazing things people can do who just happened to be different shapes and different sizes. When God looks down on you, He does not see you against the backdrop of what America's standards are; He sees you against the backdrop of a cross. He sees someone that He wants to use to bring others to Him! He sees someone that He loves enough to sacrifice His Son for! He sees the REAL you!

Let's stop running after something that will just die with these bodies. The real you is what draws people to Christ! Not the perfect little, everyone looks the same, everything is in place you! It's time to find a new store and pick out the rolls that are slightly imperfect. It's time for a head and heart change! Stop believing the lies that satan wants you to believe and start claiming with authority the truth that you are God's child and He did NOT make a mistake on you! You are You for a purpose and NOTHING is going to change that! The quicker we accept it…the quicker we claim freedom over yet one more area that satan is trying to distract us with! Fight it, fight Him and love Jesus!

P.S. …. God's crazy about YOU! (Just so you know! J )

2 comments:

  1. I have Amish friends and yes, they ARE great cooks!

    What a great post. I struggle with my image as well. Though I really want to be thin for comfort purposes and appearance (hate having rolls hanging over the top of my jeans - scream), I know what you wrote is truth.

    Have a blessed day.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks beth! i totally think that we need to exercise and eat healthy.... but where i can fall is somewhere along the obsessive state..sadly too many girls are there too! when it becomes a consuming thought, that is when it is dangerous! thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails