THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Private Property

Private Property

For the past couple of years we have contemplated building a home. We have pushed around several ideas, and have had to make countless decisions. One of which is where on our property would it be best to build it? Because of the location of our out buildings, pond and current home, we are kind of limited. We have tried to angle it just so, then swap it here and then turn it there. Through all of the moving around, we never once considered building it on the ground surrounding our property though. Why? Because it was owned by someone else. This may seem like a "well duh, who would?" kind of statement, but I am just making a point here.

There is NO way that anyone would ever build their home on someone else's property. Is that a pretty accurate statement?

So if you are not loving God, have never accepted Him as your Savior, repented and turned your heart towards Him, you are not His property. Again…this is an accurate statement. (I'm not asking a question this time…just making the point). Why would you think that He would "build a house" with you?

Let me unpack that a little. (You may know someone who makes the following statements. I don't want you to picture them though; I want you to think about YOUR own life. After examining yourself, if God lays someone on your heart to go talk to, then do it. But not before self-examination is done.)

I have heard countless times some of these statements:

"God just isn't doing anything in my life"

"Why does God do so much with so and so and nothing with me?"

"I do so much good stuff, I volunteer, I am a nice person, etc…why don't I hear God talking to me?"

"I want to do something for God too…but He never uses me"

"Why are you the one getting all the "assignments?"

Trust me when I say that these are just a few. And to be honest, I personally cannot answer the question with a blanket response. The reason God is not responding or speaking in a person's life can be because of different reasons. But I want to look at just one of them.

It really is a simple question. Answered by a simple yes or no:

Are you His property?

There is no hesitation…it's yes or no! Period. (Or maybe exclamation point!)

There are no, well maybe's. You will hear either "get away from Me, I NEVER knew you", or "well done good and faithful servant!"

God will not build with you when you are not even His. He WILL pursue you, and desire you to be! But until that time of surrender, until that time of purchase, when the deed is signed by His Son's Blood, He will keep His tools in His belt (not literally…ha!)

Do you blame Him? Because if you go back up to the first question I asked you, you would respond the same way! There is just too much at stake, too much was paid. He wants you…oh so badly…but He will not trespass without permission. Maybe it's time to take those private property signs down. Let Him put His own signs up…ones that will ensure that you have been bought, that you are His. Then be ready for the construction to begin!

Matthew 7:24-27 "Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it."


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails