THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Detour

Detour

Ever since I got my iPhone, I have been addicted to the maps app. I absolutely love knowing that my phone will tell me exactly where I am and exactly how to get to where I want to go! I feel so much safer. Isn't that weird? A little dot that flashes and moves along a colored path on a handheld screen makes me feel safe. Huh. But it's true! Sometimes, especially in towns that I don't know, one wrong turn and I can't find my way out.

That is exactly what happened the other day, except I guess it wasn't a wrong turn, but rather an unexpected one way road that had my dot routed off of the intended path. You should have seen me. My eyes did not leave my phone (don't worry, I have gotten really good at driving without looking…jkjk) The whole time I was desperately trying to get back on course. Once I finally did, I could breathe so much better! Again…weird huh?

The detour lasted o about 5 minutes, but for that time, I couldn't think of anything else except the safe way that I knew would take me straight to my destination.

So now comes the question for you…are you so focused on the safe route that if God interrupts your life, you freak out or refuse to go any other way except your carefully planned out, comfortable, straight path?

And that then leads to another question…who is controlling your life anyhow? Is it all about your plans and at the end you want to waltz into the pearly gates? Do you think you will ever hear "Great job dodging all those people that needed help! Man that one time, that was a close one…I thought that you might have no other choice except to stop and talk to your friend that was having a hard time! You did SUCH a great job fitting in with everyone around you! You were just the perfect American (or whatever you are J). You got the perfect job, the house, wife, kids, dog, vacations, yada yada. I am just so glad that you let ME come along for the ride. GREAT JOB! WELL DONE!" ????? Because if you know anything about Jesus, you would know, that this would never be the words that you hear! Maybe I should let you fill in the blank…what is your life like? And what do you think Jesus would say about it?

So many people tell me that they love Him and have accepted Him as savior, but then they don't follow Him. They follow a "flashing dot", traveling along a well designed road, choosing the route with minimal traffic, bypassing the large crowded areas, construction and anything else that might slow them down. They are on target with where they want to go, how they want to get there, and NOTHING is going to get in their way. If a little hiccup pops up, as quickly as they can, they fix what needs to be fixed and nicely slide right back on track.

But the problem with all of this is: Jesus says FOLLOW ME! And the crazy thing about Jesus, is that He just doesn't tell you where every step is going to be. And sometimes it feels as if He put a blind fold on too. He may take you to some pretty uncomfortable places where you may not have many comforts. He may ask you to even live without some things that you have done nothing but strived to get. He will ask you to deny yourself and He will ask you to think of others first. He will ask you to Love HIM with not half of your heart but with ALL of it! He will ask you to not be NORMAL! You will have to go against the flow, you will ruffle feathers, you will stand out and apart and at times you may just be lonely. This life will not be easy. BUT…when others fail you, Jesus will NOT. He will NEVER leave you or forsake you; He will fight for you, and comfort you. He will NEVER EVER allow you to go through anything that you can't handle because He will be right beside you the whole way!

I really don't know why we want to settle for only the things that we can do. We are so limited it is crazy! God working through us is the most exciting thing I have ever experienced! You get to watch Him move people's hearts in ways that would be impossible without Him! You are a witness to His awesome power desiring a relationship with us humans, and then using us to accomplish His purposes. Seriously! … Why would you want to settle for less?

I'll leave you with one more thought. I may be wrong but I can only recall 2 different responses recorded in the Bible of what we will hear when we get to Heaven. The difference between the two will make you weep:

WELL DONE GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT

GET AWAY FROM ME…I NEVER KNEW YOU!

You have one shot…there are no do-over's on that day. And there will be no hesitation. Are you living life FOR Him, or for yourself? Don't get stuck following the dot…

Are you ready for the detour??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails