THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Saturday, October 15, 2011

For Sale

For Sale

Isn't it funny how you can drive by someone's house every single day, but not really look at it until they make a change? I did that not so long ago. My neighbors had repainted their barn. It was funny just how much I never really noticed their barn before that day. But man, it sure looked nice! I started remembering back to our first house. The siding…not so nice. And when I say that, I really mean not so nice! But it was livable and we endured it for about 5 years. We re-sided, and then you know what we did? We MOVED! I still look back and think about how nice it would have been to have done the work a few years before so we could have actually enjoyed it!

I see this happen over and over. You drive by someone's place and really notice how they have cleaned it up and all of the sudden gotten things looking nice. The next week…a for sale sign.

The thing that happens, and I think you can relate, is that we just get comfortable where we are. Our property doesn't all of the sudden get run down and cluttered, it usually happens over time. It isn't until we want to really impress someone, proving to them that they would like to buy it, do we get crackin on cleaning things up!

I was talking to some high school kids the other day, and funny thing was, they have the same perception of their life! The even funnier thing is, us adults do too!

How many of you have, in the last year, taken a really good look at your life? Take a challenge to stop and really think about who you are and what you are doing with your life. I would venture to guess that you will realize you're in a place and it happened so fast and you don't know how you got there and it's been such a whirlwind and you just got busy and and and…

Am I close?

Distractions…they get you every time! If it isn't the kids, it's the job, or the sports, or the homework, or the parents, or the church activity, or the friends, or the promotion you are working towards, or the laundry, or the office work, etc… the list can go on and on. There is always something to fill your time with! And the more you fill the more you focus on that "stuff" and the less you notice the state your life is in!

Let me ask you all a question…what is your birth date? Easy one right! O.k.…smarty…you answered that pretty quick…try this one:

What is the date of your death?

You don't know?? Well here's one last question…

If you don't know when you are going to die, how can you live like you have all the time in the world before getting ready to meet Jesus?

Look at it this way…if Jesus was coming to "buy your house", what condition would He find it in? Have you neglected yourself so long that several things need trimmed, and some just plain need replaced?

What will Jesus say on that day you stand before Him?

"I never knew you!" or "Well done!"

These are the only two options. There will not be one that says, here is a list of hints of the things that I need you to work on. Go back and try again. Do we understand fully what the options are! You will NOT get a second chance!!

I will challenge you with one last thing. Take your life and match it up against the WORD! That will be the true test to see where you really are, and what you really need to do! Don't get caught assuming that just because "Jesus loves me this I know", you get to live like you don't care! Because like it or not, there is a for sale sign for your life out there, and only two buyers interested. You get to choose. Let His Love change you…then make sure everyone that passes by knows exactly who the purchaser is!

John 3:19-21

"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails