THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Colored Hair

Colored Hair

Hebrews 4:13

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give an account."

Everyone has seen someone with their hair dyed. Most of the time it is a new highlight or a touch up here or there. Once in a while you will get a brave soul who decides to change their whole head of hair all at once! I remember some ladies who would chuckle and proclaim that they have been dyeing their hair for so long they can't even remember what their original hair color is. I thought, "what do you mean, you are obviously a blonde?" The reality: they are brown as brown can be.

I started recalling that "I don't even know my natural color anymore" comment. Honestly, I think it is nothing more than a lie! There is NO way anyone will forget that they are actually a brunette. They may trick an awful lot of people, but inside, they remember!

I started thinking about how true this is with our hearts. We all put on a front for someone. When asked how we are doing, rarely do we say anything other than "good"! We can be bawling our eyes out on the way to church, but fully compose ourselves and be the smiling person everyone expects by the time we hit the doors.

We learn early on to hide our true emotions. We learn early on to hide a lot actually. Along with our suppressed feelings, lie our sins. We all are pretty good at keeping those hidden too, aren't we?

The thing I am realizing is that we have "dyed" our lives so many times that others may think they know us but really don't have clue.

2 people. That's what this is all about!

YOU AND JESUS!

You can stand here and convince me you love Him, I can witness you "doing" a lot for Him, but in reality, He is the ONLY one that knows the true state of your heart!

So now the question becomes: why do we spend our time trying to impress others when really, the audience that counts consists of only ONE!

Who are you really? How far have you let your heart get away from the truth? How hard are you trying to disguise the true state you are in?

Friend, stop running! The truth is this: you can disguise all you want, but my opinion of you...doesn't add up to anything! The only opinion that matters is the ONE who already sees you for who you are anyhow!

Here's the reminder again in case you read it too fast before:

Hebrews 4:13

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give an account!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails