THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day Five

Over the rocks and through the trash to children's houses we went. Clinging to our hips, the children wept as we said good-bye. It was one thing working in the infirmary for the first two days, taking care of those who were seen as obscure; but when seeing our future living in conditions worse than poverty level and walking down the "street" praying with people who were desperate for the healing hand of God, the reality of what it means to truly depend on God was evident. What an honor to be able to be the hands and feet of Christ!
Keep praying! The Spirit is present!
Alitza

This is my first time in Jamaica and it has been such an amazing journey with my awesome team and God. He has taught me so much about myself and the Jamaican people. It's been really cool to spread God's love to the kids and the people at the infirmary and see their faces light up when they saw us :) I still can't believe I am in Jamaica and experiencing God in a whole new way. It's been such a great week and I don't want it to be over ;)
Jillian

Words cannot even describe how AMAZING my first trip to Jamaica has been so far! I have learned SO much and am so in awe of what God is doing. :) I love serving and helping others and absolutely LOVE visiting the infirmary. It has given me a completely new perspective and attitude! I am still amazed that I am here! God is good and I absolutely cannot wait to take what I've learned and apply it to my life not only for the rest of this trip, but also when I return home (even though I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to leave) ;)
Alexandra

This week has an infinite array of words to describe it but none that include ready to go home. Joy. Perseverance. Compassion. Guilt. All words that have affected me and my team over the last 4 days. We have visited the infirmary the last three days and I continue to hear this phrase repeated in my head, "God is good all the time." Those were the words of a schizophrenic, elderly woman who had nothing but the clothes on her back and lived in a place that would give the mindset of no hope. The people here in Jamaica have an amazing sense of community. Walking through the town of Homestead today people were always greeting you and waving as you passed by. We stopped by the homes of three sponsored children to socialize with their families and give them packs of rice for meals. The kids were shy at first but the families welcoming us and willing to open up to us. Even the security guards and staff of the base we are staying at have been very willing and open to share about the culture and learn about ours. You could see God coming through and teaching about his will even through the people and places you would least expect. God is good all the time. Easy to say. Easy to doubt. Easy to see when you open your eyes to what is truly surrounding you, even if it is a dirty, smelly infirmary, a poverty ridden town, or the place that we all call home. It is going to be very hard to get onto that plane on Saturday because I truly believe a piece of me will always be here, but it is good to know that God will be with me and joy can always be found no matter where I am and that it does not only include me but the people of my team and the people I am leaving here. 3 days in counting and cherishing every minute.
Jenna

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much it means to read all of your blogs:) especially you Alitza....I was beginning to wonder if you were there:) Just know that you are already bringing what you are learning back to us all. It's an honor to pray for you and to in some way...distantly be a part of your hands and feet working for our LORD and SAVIOR. May God continue to bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, you are correct in saying, "...I truly believe a piece of me will always be here..." Jamaica has changed my heart and will always have a place in it. I am so glad that you are opening your heart and mind to God's love, people, and desire for the people of Jamaica and the world as a whole. I will continue to pray for you and for the rest of the team as you finish out a few more days in Jamaica and return home... I found this was the hardest part about the trip. So, stay strong, write down your convictions, lessons learned, what you saw and how God is changing your heart. These are some ways you can keep Jamaica in your heart even when the world tries to take over and Satan tries to make you forget. Stay strong and don't loose your passion for experiencing God's Love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails