THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day #4

For all the folks back home, I thought I would let you know how it is going in Jamaica. We have had such an amazing experience already! I had the opportunity to work at the infirmary both days. To see the joy in those peoples hearts and their eyes as we arrived was so heartbreaking. I cannot wait to see what other activities God has in store for us throughout the rest week. I miss you Mom, Grandma, and Cooper!
Love, Court

While at the infirmary, the "screen team" was made up of Courtney, Brittan, Olivia, Lauren, David and Lauri. We were in charge of replacing all the old, broken-down screens with new screens. For two days, we worked hard to accomplish our goal of completing 57 windows in the women's side of the infirmary. We had a blast working together, and we felt great success after our long, hard work. In addition, the "screen team" loved helping people who could not help themselves.
Thank you for all your prayers! 
Love you and miss you,
Brittan

I honestly am still in awe that we are all here. I praise God for the incredible opportunity to get outside of the norm for a week and gain a greater perspective and understanding of God's heart for the world. Honestly, a year ago I could not have left the country because of my health. I have been so humbled to see how God has moved in my life this past year and has shown Himself faithful by providing me this blessing. The joy and attitudes of the Jamaicans have been both convicting and refreshing. People that have so little (at least from a worldly perspective) have such immense joy because they have learned to appreciate the little things in life. More importantly, however, many we have worked with have come to know Jesus as personal Savior--they have a hope that is eternal and a heavenly abundance that will last forever! So excited to see how else God is going to move here amongst these people and our team. Love and miss you all back home! Thanks for all the prayers. We sure can feel them!
In Him,
   Lauren W.


This week already has been incredible. We all started as individuals on this journey and now we are all united as one body of Christ. There is so many friendships being made, it is more than we could have hoped for. To talk a little bit about what my(Lauren B.) team did today, we were digging a pit toilet for one of the sponsor kids. This team consisted of Leah, Hannah, Laurel, Jill, Tina, Jacob, Austin, Colson and Jared. Leah got a new nickname this week. It is killer. Apparently her tattoos make her a scary hardcore killer. So of course if you all know Leah and I, They had to give me a nickname too. Mine was KA. Killers assistant. We had to carry rocks from the top of a huge hill to the bottom to fill in this pit we dug.  We also made cement to fill in the cracks of this pit. We had a really good system going of assembly lining it down the hill. Even though we all were drenched in sweat, and so tired we had a really good time! The jokes and laughs never stopped. I can say the pit did get finished in two days, which they didn't think would happen. The team did great!! We are all learning so much and the Lord is blessing us all so much. Everyone thank you for the support and prayers. We love you all.  Mom, Dad, Logan, and rest of the family and friends i love you and miss you guys! 

Love, 
Lauren B.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails