THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Husband's Voice

Yesterday could have been such a horrific day.  It could have been one that changed our lives drastically for the worst.  But instead, i got to watch my husband walk back into our home with our kids swarming him on both sides and his nephew in his arms!

All of my blog posts come from inspiration from God.  I will never claim to be anything but a vessel.  This post is no different.  Without God's powerful Hands of protection, this post would not be happening.  The following will be the story from my husband's eyes.  Please remember that there is so much more to add when you consider each of the guys' perspectives.  There may be a day in the future when I can write theirs also, but for now, this is Luke's.  Please also note that this is the "quick" version with some details left out here and there. 

Duck hunting in freezing cold weather, with windy conditions=perfection.  The guys went out for one last really good hunt before the season ended.  On board was Luke, Jay and Ray.  They had a successful hunt and was ready to load the boat back up and head home.  On their way to the boat launch Jay started yelling that they were taking on water.  Luke, without any sense of fear, turned around to throw the boat in reverse and hit the bilge pump.  As he turned back around he found that Jay was halfway under water.  Luke remembers that it wasn't just a little water coming in, but rather gushing over the nose.  Less than 10 seconds, and the boat was gone.  Luke describes the feeling as if the boat just dropped out from under them.  Thankfully they had their lifejackets within reach, because that is all they had time to grab. 

The icy water literally took their breath away!  Luke immediately grabbed his phone and dialed 911.  The call got cut off, but then they called Luke's phone back.  Unfortunately Luke couldn't open the phone and answer it!  With virtually no hope around, Luke starts looking for a way to get out of the situation.  Jay and Ray were closer to each other than Luke was.  Jay immediately grabbed Ray and helped him get into his lifejacket.  As Jay was yelling for Luke to help hold Ray up, Luke knew that the only chance for him to stay afloat at all was the drifting bags of duck decoys.  Luke was the one out of the group to have waders on that day.  In one sense, he believes that the boots and neoprene helped keep his body temperature warmer, but all of that wouldn't have mattered if he didn't get to those decoys, because the waders were taking on water and becoming extremely heavy.  With no hope of getting them off because they virtually suction cup to your body, Luke had to start swimming because he knew that his lifejacket wouldn't have held him up.  As he reached the bags, he turned around to take them back to the guys and realized that they had floated 50 yds. apart.  Luke starts back paddeling.  He is being guided by Jay's voice.  He gets to within 10 feet and simply can't get any closer.  If you know Jay and Luke at all you will understand how tired they both had to be to say that they simply couldn't get any closer.  Luke's arms had gone numb at this point and all he could do was drape himself over the bag, pray, kick and wait.  They start screaming for help and wonder if anyone can hear them. 

At this same time, I was at home doing the office work, and a physical feeling came over my knees, prompting me to pray.  I had no idea what God was prompting me to pray for but i just kept praying, going a couple times back to Luke and protection over him.  It dumbfounds me how much God was in control.  Something i totally know, but in a moment like that, ALL of His Promises become a reality!

Finally they start seeing people on shore.  They are desparetly trying to get some sort of boat in the water to get to them.  One boat was without oars and the other was chained up.  They were helpless to just watch.  Finally the rescue team showed up with a boat and they were able to drag all 3 men on board.  At this point Ray was unconscience so they flew him immediately to a bigger hospital.  Jay and Luke rode in the same ambulance to the nearby hospital.  Upon arrival, Luke's core temp. was at 86.1.  The doctor assured me that it was "close" for Luke.  He said that he hasn't seen too many people as cold as him. 

All three guys took a couple of hours to warm completely back up. But by the grace of God, they all 3 went home that same night! 

As I layed beside him last night, him and i both had the same thought, "what if this was the first night without him."  what if this and what if that!  The reality of it is, God just said "not today boys".  Luke will tell you without hesitation that it is nothing but God's Hand that pulled them out of the water.  Nothing else can explain why for 20-40 minutes in freezing cold, Luke was completely coherent, and Jay was able to hold a man up along with himself.  All of these men wearing layerrrrrrssssss of clothing!  I have talked to an ER doctor friend of ours and he said he can not believe that they were able to do that!  ME EITHER! 

I pray that through this story, God is glorified over and over...i am thankful beyond words as well as the rest of all of our families that we get to hear their voices ringing throughout our homes tonight!  It is the best sound i've ever heard!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Gerke family!

    I am praising God along with you all knowing that God is a ever present help in times of danger!!! Thankyou very much for sharing this story of triumph!! I felt God touch my heart reading this story out loud to MY Family! Love you all and miss seeing you! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Angie Carter and Fam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, I just found your blog through facebook. I think I'll be here all night catching up. This story is amazing and I am beyond thankful that Luke is okay and home with you again! Praising God! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone in this forum, My life is back!!! After 8 years of marriage, my husband left me and left me with our three kids. I felt like my life was about to end, and was falling apart. I contacted A spell caster called Dr Laco I explained all my problem to him . In just 3 days, my husband came back to us and show me and my kids much love and apologize for all the pain he have bring to the family. We solved our issues, and we are even happier than before you are the best spell caster Dr laco i really appreciate the love spell you castes for me to get the man back to my life i will keep sharing more testimonies to people about your good work Thank you once again. you may contact him via (lacopowerfulspellcaster@yahoo.com).incase you are in any problem you can contact this man for help he is always there in his temple to help you solve your problem Contact Email is (lacopowerfulspellcaster@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Sharon Johnson and i want to testify of the good work done by a faithful Dr uko a spell caster. in my life i never thought there is such thing as spiritual intercession. my problem started nine months back when the father of my kids started putting up some strange behavior, i never knew he was having an affair outside our matrimonial home. it dawn on me on that faithful day 19th of April 21st 4:23pm when he came to the house to pick his things that was when i knew that situation has gotten out of hand and he then told me he was quitting the marriage which i have built for over five years, i was confused and dumbfounded i called on family and friends but to no avail. two months after i started having problem with my kids welfare rent-age and all of it, i really went through hell. until a day i was browsing on the internet and i happen to meet a spell caster i never believed on this but i needed my man back so i gave the spell caster my problem at first i never trusted him so i was just doing it but you know a problem shared is half solved after a week my husband called me telling me that he his coming back home and that was all. now we are living happily and i still do contact him on this email:ukospelltemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all i want to thank RUGENA for the post she made on how PROPHET ROBSON helped her in bringing back her lover before NEW YEAR . At first when i saw the posting i was so happy and in the other hand so scared,That this might not be real, Then i decided to give it a try in which i contacted PROPHET ROBSON and told him how my lover left me for another lady for the past 3years and i have been lonely and depressed without him,So i told him if he has helped anyone called RUGENA and he said yes, that was the lady he helped in bringing back her lover before NEW YEAR,I said good and i told him that if he can help me in bringing back my own lover,He laughed and said once i have contacted him that my problem will be solved. He said that my lover will be back to me within 24hours and do an unexpected thing for me. i said really, Truly when the 24hours was completed i got a text from someone saying am sorry then i decided to call the number i saw it was my lover smith voice. I was so happy he was begging me on phone, That he is ready to do anything that will make me happy in life,So i told him to come over which he did,As he was coming he came with a brand new Car as gift i was so happy and made me had access to his account to prove to me that he is not going to leave me for another lady,Am so happy today and am also thanking RUGENA for posting this early. PROPHET ROBSON ms you are truly a man of your word. He can also solve any kind of problems in this world. Friends you can contact PROPHET ROBSON on his private Email prophetrobsontemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails