THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Flickering Light

Flickering Light

I got the privilege of putting lights on our Christmas tree today. Many of you will gasp when I tell you this, but today is December 17th! Yes, I know, there is only one more week before Christmas! It never fails in our household though, the days fly by and before we know it; we have to get our tree up before it's too late.

I am the kind of person that doesn't like to fuss much with decorating. I have walked into people's houses where their trees are absolutely perfect, the decorations all match and the lights are like a million little twinkling stars. Our tree will never be that. But it reflects us so much I wouldn't change it for the world! As I watch my kids hang their homemade decorations, I see holes where a decoration could go, but I keep my mouth shut and just enjoy the masterpiece they are creating!

Before they went to work, I took 2 strands of lights and started wrapping. I hate doing this because I get poked a million times trying to put the lights where they should go. But the most annoying part is when you come to the ones that are burnt out! But even that was not what made me stop and think. My focus was caught on one little yellow light; a little yellow light that was flickering. We do not put up flashing lights, or blinking lights. We put up colorful lights that stay on all the time. So to have one flashing, made me wonder what was wrong with it. I watched it for a few seconds and tried to wiggle it to make it come all the way on, but my attempts were worthless. In the end, the light burnt out.

And just like that it made me wonder if this is what it's like when one of our spiritual lights "burn out".

Mt 5:16 "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."


 

Do you let your light shine so brightly that men can actually praise God by just witnessing it? Or do you find yourself flickering? Will people walk into a room and know that that there is no way that you are burning out or do they not even realize that you love Jesus?


 

Where is your walk at right now? Plug yourself into the source that will continually power you to show His Light! The longer you are away from Him, the quicker you will burn yourself out. Don't be flickering on and off, don't be satisfied to be anything other than full wattage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails