THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Keep Fighting

Keep Fighting

Do you think that Moses ever got sick of fighting? What about the Israelites themselves? Do you remember the conditions that they were living in when Moses came to rescue them? SLAVERY. Not just slavery for a couple of months. No…slavery for years!

So Moses shows up and they take a whole bunch of stuff with them. They get out of their bondage and start their escape route. Not long after, they realize that they are being followed. Once again, God comes through and rescues them. 3 days later, they begin to grumble about the bitter water. It was 3 days after God parted a whole entire sea for them to walk through that they begin to grumble about water!! The pattern continues from there! God provides, they are satisfied, things get tough, they grumble. Finally, at one point they wish that they would have just died back in Egypt. They even question Moses as to why he ever rescued them in the first place.

You see, the Israelites had lost the desire to fight. What were they supposed to be fighting for? Their freedom!

You and I do this same exact thing. I look at the Israelites and question how they could have been so stupid. I have caught myself several times saying that "if I would have seen that sea part, then there would have been NO WAY I would have ever wanted to go back to slavery ever again." But the reality of my situation is that I have lived in bondage and God has set me free. Over and over again, in fact. He parts my sea, and I walk on through. But just like the Israelites, when the thrill of the victory goes away, I find myself not wanting to fight for the freedom that Jesus died to give me.

I read a quote yesterday that said "sometimes you have to fight the battle more than once to ensure the victory." I couldn't amen that statement more. There are struggles in my life that have held me captive for years. During those years, I would win little victories here and there, but for some reason, at some point, I would just quit fighting and feel a comfort in slinking back to the pit that I was continually stuck in. Do you know what I mean? I would find myself stuck, frustrated, and useless. Then I would wake up and pick the sword back up. I would fight my way back out…I could taste freedom. I would be pumped for a while, and then something would distract me…again I would forget to fight. The cycle can be endless!

How do we break the chains?

First get a desire to live out Romans 12:2

"Do not conform any longer to the ways of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds."

Then (here's the action part) do 1 Peter 1:13-14

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, DO NOT CONFORM to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance."

It is all about the fight you guys! God has made a way and has ensured us victory! We have to decide every single day to never start grumbling because grumbling leads to defeat…defeat by surrender.

It's hard to fight; it's harder to keep fighting and still harder yet to never stop. It's a decision that is made every time you come to that battle line, whether you realize it or not. You make that choice over and over and over. The next time you come face to face with your chains, choose to cut them and run, just don't let yourself look back.

Your reward is coming…the battle is close to being over for good! Don't quit…and one more thing… I have a secret to tell you…

GOD WINS!!…keep fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails