THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Starbucks

Starbucks

Today is one of those days.

My little guy spilled his water all over his sister as I was doing her hair. My oldest son spilled his orange juice twice. This was all within 15 minutes of leaving for school. I of course am rushing to get 4 lunches packed and everything else that needs to be in the car before we head out the driveway. To make the day even crazier, I got called into sub; gym class. If you know me at all this is the perfect job! I get to wear sweats and a sweatshirt with my hair in a ponytail. I am thinking that this day is going to be a breeze; until that first class comes roaring through the doors. One class after another with a 5 minute break in between is how my whole morning panned out. I am typing this on a much needed break, the first I've gotten, in a hallway closet with the lights off. I am fighting off a headache and hunger. I need my Starbucks!

Many of you need the fix that I desire. It is spelled out simply: caffeine. As I walked through the school this morning, I noticed an abundance of high schools kids with coffee cups. I stopped one kid and told him that he was addicted. He not only readily agreed but told me that his dad is the one who got him hooked! It's crazy how your body can become so dependent on a substance; so much that without it, you simply can't function properly. How many have felt instantly better as soon as they see the Starbucks sign? It's like the cure is within sight!

Think with me for a minute…what would it be like if my Starbucks was replaced by my Jesus?

Are you addicted to Him like you are to your coffee? Do you need Him every morning just so you can properly function? Do you crave Him, seek Him, and virtually die without Him?

If you can't even imagine having that kind of a relationship, or think it is impossible, then it's time to take a look at what you are calling your rock.

Ps 62:2 "He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."

Ps 62:6 "He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken."


 

Is He alone your rock? Because if He is then you will never be shaken. So I guess the question is: Do you get shook? Do you find yourself running for a quick fix: friends, alcohol, caffeine, books, internet, nicotine, etc? (The list goes on and on)

Or do you have a foundation that begins and ends with Christ and has you running to Him during the day?

Tomorrow, how about we try something different? Starbucks is great and I will always love their iced green tea, but I can't depend on them to help me through the day. My one and only fix needs to come from the rock on which I stand! JESUS!

I hope that this will make you stop and ask yourself what exactly your rocks name is.

And whether it might just be time for a switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails