THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Do you belong with HIM?


Do you belong with HIM?
Go with me just for a second to the stage of the Academy Awards. You can almost feel the electrifying air can't you? Now just picture me making an announcement that we need Brad and Angelina to come to the stage. Would you know who I was talking about or would you have to ask me to clarify? Most people wouldn't hesitate to get excited because they would immediately know that I meant Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
My question to you would be how do you know? What about those two makes it obvious that it was them I was calling? Don't you think that there were probably more Brad's in the audience than just him? Probably at least one other Angelina too! But they would know as would most everyone else, that I wanted Pitt and Jolie specifically.
The reason is because they are a couple. This equals spending time together, hanging out, going places together, talking all the time, etc. They have all the classic signs of 2 people that do life together.
Now go with me to a different audience. An auditorium filled with people, and at least 20 have the same name as you. The announcer comes to the front of the stage and grabs the microphone and announces that he needs "Tina" and Jesus to please come to the front. Would you know without a doubt that he was talking about you and Jesus?
Go through the checklist. Do you:
  • Spend time with Him
  • Seek Him out
  • Do you go places together
  • Do you talk all of the time?
Psalm 23 "A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the House of the LORD forever."
Does He walk with you like He walked with David? Does He lead you, restore you, guide you, and anoint you? Do you let Him?
I think it's time to stop and ask yourself: Do people know that you belong to JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails