THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Monday, May 31, 2010

zyoms ;pbrd zkrdid


zyoms ;pbrd zkrdid
Psalm 119:105 "Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."
 
I find myself on my computer a lot! In fact, I don't even have to look, most of the time, when placing my fingers in the right spots on the keyboard. It is almost as if I have worn grooves on the keys, and my fingers just fit.
Last night, I had to chuckle to myself. I was in a hurry, so I wasn't paying much attention, when all of the sudden I realized that something didn't feel right. I looked up and this is what I saw on the screen: zyoms ;pbrd kzrdid.(that is supposed to be "Tina loves Jesus") Yeah, I have no clue either! What happened was that I had gotten off of the home row. The crazy thing is that I was only off by 1 key!
Shifting even just a little, completely makes a mess out of things, doesn't it?
I find myself in this spot every once in a while with my life too. I get busy, or am in a hurry; I don't take time to line myself up in the morning and by the afternoon, I realize that I am making a complete mess out of my day! I have to quickly refocus and adjust, or my one day, turns into 2 or 3. Before I know it, I am months down the road, thinking that I have been doing o.k., but get slammed by a storm and know immediately that I was just "one key" off.
We all need Jesus. This is something that isn't even questionable. Our need is not based on what we are going through that day. Our need is based on the fact that we are human and simply make a mess of things without Him.
If I had shown you that phrase zyoms ;pbrd zkrdid there is no way that you would have known that I was loving my God! What turned out was something so unrecognizable that no one would have been able to understand it. This is exactly how it is with our lives too!
Are you living in a way where there is no doubt who you belong to, serve and love? Or is your life so much of a mess, that people see only jumbled letters? We have to daily align ourselves with God. We need to take time to deliberately place our hands on the right row. We can't expect to just stay on the right path forever just because that's where we've always been. Adjustments need to be made along the way, or you will find yourself looking at something that you don't even recognize.
Take some time right now to just be still before Him. Ask Him to reveal in you anything that needs realigning! Don't be like me and realize that there is a whole lot that you have to erase! You won't have many opportunities to retype your life! Allow His Word to shine the light on the path you need to take. Align yourself up right so that everyone around you can read you like a book and see exactly who you are living for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails