THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Friday, May 28, 2010

Trust Me


Trust Me
Have you ever went up to a complete stranger and told them a secret? Of course not! Most of the time, in fact, we don't pay any attention to people that we don't know, let alone give them personal information about ourself.
Think about someone in your life that you would have no problem what so ever just unloading everything on. Now tell me the difference between the two.
The difference is a 5 letter word: TRUST.
Years ago I had this really great friend. We did everything together. We were constantly on the phone, she knew everything about me and I knew everything about her. I really don't think that there was anything that I was keeping from her and her from me. I turned out to be the bad guy in this friendship, because I let slip some pretty private information about her that she eventually found out about (they always do). I can still remember her face when she confronted me with it. I knew immediately, that I had broken something that wasn't going to be easily repaired.
I am sure that every one of you has someone in your life that has, at one point or another, broken your trust. The sad part about it is that sometimes, all it takes is one person to ruin it for everyone else. Have you ever found yourself not trusting someone simply because you have put a wall up around your heart? Therefore not even wanting to take the time to get to know them? With those bricks piled up around you, you may feel safe, but soon you will find yourself empty and lonely.
I wonder how many of us, have allowed some sort of hurt that has come out of a human relationship to affect our relationship with God and how we view Him? Do you put Him in the same category as everyone else? Do you trust God?
As I was rolling this over and over in my head I began to realize without a doubt that to truly trust God, you have to KNOW Him! I don't mean that you know all the little kids' Bible stories, I mean that you KNOW Him.
John 10:14 "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—"

Those sheep will follow their shepherd everywhere. They know Him because they have spent so much time with Him. Through this, He has proven Himself over and over as the one to take care of them, feed them, water them, and lay down His life for them. They will go anywhere with Him.

So… are you being a sheep? Is Jesus your shepherd? Do you trust Him? Most people will have a quick "yes" to answer here, but I want you to take a second and quiet yourself and think about every area in your life. Is there just one that you have your grubby little fingers still tightly around or are your palms wipe open in surrender? One good test to see if there is a place that isn't quite released yet is to keep a check list of what you worry about.
Matthew 6:25-34 is an amazing passage that puts this all in perspective.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?"

And that's just verse 25! Go read the rest!
Don't find yourself in the pit of worry, which equals distrust, which equals walls, which equals a separation. Give God your WHOLE heart. Trust Him to come through on every single promise that He has ever made to you. Get to know Him! He is the ONLY one that will "never leave you or forsake you". Joshua 1:5, Deut 31:6 & 8.

He is waiting with arms wide open; wanting to be your shepherd…do you know His voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails