THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Nothin without Rain

Nothin without Rain

I don't know about you but I love when the spring rains start and water the lawns all around us. There are some people that absolutely love keeping theirs looking perfect, and it shows. It is almost breathtaking at times. Every bush is pruned, every weed is killed, the lines in the grass are even and straight and the color of the grass is such a brilliant green that it is almost a shade you have never seen. All in all, it is a picture of perfection.

What happens, though, when those rains stop?

Today I got my first glimpse of a beautiful lawn gone brown. This particular lawn struck me because it is one that is always in tip top shape. Today was no different, the lines were mowed perfectly, and everything was looking exactly how it should be, except one thing: the grass. I realized that no matter how hard someone can try to make everything looking great, without rain, it will still die. It will be almost like all that work was done in vain.

Matthew 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your Name, and in Your Name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from Me, you evildoers!'


 

This is one of the scariest verses for me in the Bible. Not for me alone, but for so many that think that they can work their way into Heaven. There are people out there that treat their lives like a perfectly manicured lawn. They work hard to kill everything that isn't supposed to be there, and take extra care of everything that belongs. You will see them working even in the churches sometimes. They will spend hours trying to keep up appearances. On the outside, they will look like the perfect Christian. Let me stop right here and tell you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with working hard for God. But what I am trying to say is that if you don't add the rain, or the water, all those works will be in vain…you will simply not make it!

How many of us do good things? Or we are super nice people? How many even go as far as to say that we help others? I am figuring that there are probably quite a few! Which is so awesome…you are making this a better place to live! This world is not the finish line though! What we have to remember that our goal is Heaven! How worthless it all will be if you hear Jesus reply to you the words of Matthew 7: "I never knew you"! Jesus wants not only our muscles, but our hearts too. He wants you to be able to be like Mary and sit at His Feet and just listen to Him. (Luke 10) I believe fully that God gives us gifts to use, and missions to be on. I believe that He is working all around us and wants us to join Him! But if we try to do the work without adding Him to our hearts, we will soon be burned out and dried up just like that grass that should be green!


 

What is your heart condition today? Are you feeling like you have tried so hard and yet something is missing? I challenge you tomorrow to wake early before you have to even think about your day, and find a quiet spot to just be still. It is amazing that we have a God that will meet us there! I promise that if you decide to actively seek Him along with working with Him, your life will be one where people will stop and wonder what the difference is with you! Then you'll be able to share with them the only reason we are here anyhow…to make Him famous!


 

Remember that the "doing" is not a bad thing…but in the end, it will all be in vain if you don't have the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails