THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Kendall's heart awakens to a boldness and wisedom she never knew she had!

Kendall, Kendall, Kendall...I luv this girl.  Her heart got such an awakening in Uganda, I can't even describe it.  She has always touched me.  She is a small little thing with a competitiveness you wouldn't believe.  You would never guess her strength unless you saw her in action.  With that kind of determination, coupled with a love for Jesus...watch out!  We witnessed Kendall really getting rocked by the Holy Spirit while on several home visits and the hospital ministry.  It was soooo cool to see her getting worked on in a way that made her bold and wise.  All of the sudden she would just look at me and say, "I have something that I need to say!".  Music to my ears!  I just want to step back and let the Holy Spirit go crazy with that one!  I cannnnnnot wait to see what God is going to continue to develop in that one!

Kendall Snyder:
 
"This trip hit me in so many ways. This was my first mission trip so I had no idea what to expect, but man God has never taught me so much in only two weeks. He taught me stuff way before the trip even started. I went to Leo my first semester of school this year and all of a sudden over Christmas break God was saying to my mom and I that I need to go back to Lakewood. So we listened and I came for the second semester at Lakewood. The first day I started back we had just started reading ‘Kisses from Katie’ which is what inspired this trip. Then we found out that we might have a chance to go on a mission trip to Uganda and it blew me away because I knew I was supposed to go on this trip and that is one reason why God called me back to this school. So God taught me that he knows what He has planned for my life and I just have to listen and obey because I don’t control my life, God does. God is always present and walks us through every moment of our lives.

The first days we were in Uganda I was still a little shy because It was my first mission trip and I wasn’t sure what to do or how to do it. Tina, during home visits and hospital visits, would always have to say “Kendall do you have anything to say?” and then I would finally speak up. After about the 3rd day Tina wouldn’t have to ask me anymore, God taught me how to be bold. I have never been that bold in my life I had hardly ever prayed out loud or really confess my faith to anyone I didn’t know or that wasn’t a Christian before. So after that day, I was praying or encouraging just about everyone we came in contact with and God just kept surprising me with what I can do if I can just be bold.

Another thing I learned on this trip was how ungrateful I was for my parents. A couple weeks before we left I had noticed really how disrespectful I was being to my parents so I prayed that this trip would really help me to obey them and respect them more when I got back. And that’s exactly what God did. Just about every lady we went to visit didn’t have a husband present or if they did they had one present they were abusive. So all these kids had no father figure or they didn’t have a good fatherly example.  So when I got back home I noticed a huge difference on how I responded and acted towards my parents and our relationship has probably never been better.

The last thing that really struck me was how joyful everyone was in Uganda. These people hardly had any food for the day or no bed or no clothes or no money, but they had Jesus. The girls in the maternity home at Kupendwa, you could see their love for God in the way they worshipped. You could tell the Jesus has filled their hearts and they don’t need material things to be filled. They were always so joyful. So God taught me that when I’m having what we Americans consider a “bad day” be joyful in what we have and just praise God all day long.

This trip has got me on fire for God and I prayed there that it will never burn out. I’m still going strong but I need God’s help every day to keep that fire. Thanks to this trip and my new boldness for God I am getting baptized in August and I can’t wait!!

This trip was the best thing that has ever happened to me, I have countless other things that I have learned but I don’t think I could write about all of them. I love Uganda so much and I can’t wait to go back. I love the friendships that I made and friendships that grew during this trip. I love everyone that we met there, their country, and our team. I could not have asked for a better group of people to go on this trip with me. Thank you to everyone that has prayed and supported us! I love you all" J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails