THE CHALLENGE

I am a pretty competitive person, so everything is about a challenge. If you plan on following my blog, I am praying that it won't be something that you just open and read but also apply so that God can change your heart!

I believe that God wants us all to take a look at our lives and live it at a higher level. He is calling us to know Him and see Him. Once we begin to do that, we can then show Him to others!


The world has placed a standard that screams for us to simply fit in. Well, I am rebelling against that standard and refusing to let it be the ruling power in my life! So with that said, I dare you...no I double dog dare you to do the same!

How tough are you really? Tough enough to surrender your life and hit your knees?

I guess we will see....

Monday, September 6, 2010

Small Load of Laundry

Small Load of Laundry

I hate doing things small. I hate doing things half speed. It has to be all or nothing with me. For instance, if I am cold; I put the heater on full blast. Then in about 2 minutes, I am sweating so I turn it completely off. There is no in between, it is either everything or nothing.

Laundry is the same exact way. I either do an extra large load or I don't do one at all. If I have 10 pieces of clothes, I will wait until there are enough to do the bigger load.

The other day, I had several big loads washed, dried and folded. Just when I thought that I was done for the day, I found a small pile of whites. I was so annoyed because I just didn't want to do a small load for a couple of pieces of clothes. So I didn't…I just let them sit for a while. I quickly realized how stupid that thinking was. The stains that could have easily been washed out when the clothes were freshly soiled were now set in and it took a lot more effort to make them white again.

Sin is the same way. It is like we let the pile of different sins get big before we deem it necessary to get clean. We don't take care of the daily ones until they have sat there for a while and really get set in. If we take this approach, I promise you, the effects will be way harder to get rid of. You may have dug yourself a pit where as it could have simply been a mud puddle you could have easily stepped out of.

Jesus does not ask us to wait until we have several stocked up before coming to Him. He does not turn us away because it is a waste of time to deal with one at a time. The exact opposite is actually true of Him! He knows the damage that one little white lie can do. He knows the lasting effects one sin gone unchecked can cause. The thing is…I know too…I have lived it and have had to dig myself out of PITS that were dug because I refused to just wash the mud off my boots. I would walk around until I was stuck and couldn't get out. I would cling to those things and become comfortable with them clinging to me. Finally they would become too heavy and I would surrender them to Him, but not before the damage was done.

Jesus is the forgiver, the healer, the Grace giver. There is nothing in Him or about Him that says "wait until there are a lot to confess, I don't have time to take care of each one individually." He calls us daily to Him! He offers to take the burden right off of our shoulders! His Blood flowed to wash you clean right now…not every 3 days or so!

Do not fall into the pattern that I have found myself in. Don't think that you have to wait for a big pile of stuff to confess before you do! Take care of it right away so that your heart doesn't get stained. The pits that we fall into are because we have unchecked sin that has been sitting in a pile just waiting to be confessed. Don't make life harder than it is! Just throw those sins at His Feet…even if there is only 1!

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly me - no way am I doing just a small load of laundry! You are so right that we keep things bottled up until it is a large load. I would have a much less stressful life if I just gave everything to God and did not let the little things pile up until an extra large load!

    Thanks for sharing and keep throwing your devotions out to us,

    Renee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails